ROMA ARCHEOLOGIA e RESTAURO ARCHITETTURA: Italian State Plan for Colosseum Gets Thumbs-Up After Court Fight, | Minister Dario Franceschini – To Revive A Phoney Rome For Lazy Tourists. THE NEW YORK TIMES (24/07/2017).

DExS926XUAApAZE

ROMA ARCHEOLOGIA e RESTAURO ARCHITETTURA: Italian State Plan for Colosseum Gets Thumbs-Up After Court Fight, | Minister Dario Franceschini – To Revive A Phoney Rome For Lazy Tourists. THE NEW YORK TIMES (24/07/2017).

ROME — Italy’s top administrative court awarded victory to the government in a dispute over the management of the Colosseum amphitheatre on Monday, rejecting objections from Rome’s anti-establishment mayor.

The verdict is the final twist in a tussle over the 2,000-year-old venue for gladiator fights, and will allow the government to proceed with a project to manage it separately from the rest of the city’s attractions.

City hall, run by the 5-Star Movement, had attacked the plan and voiced concerns Rome would lose some of the income brought in by the Colosseum’s roughly 6 million visitors each year, amounting to some 35 million euros ($41 million).

Culture Minister Dario Franceschini applauded the decision, which overturned a ruling by a regional court which had taken 5-Star’s side in June.

“The Council of State ruling does real justice,” Franceschini said in a statement, referring to the top court. “Now we can go ahead with reform and innovation.”

The plan to create a new archeological park with the amphitheatre as its centerpiece is part of a sweeping reform begun in 2014 to modernize and make more money from Italy’s vast cultural heritage.

Monday’s decision is the second in two months to overturn previous rulings on the reform by the same regional court, which had also suspended five of 20 new museum directors.

The Colosseum’s new management board will include Irina Bokova, the director-general of United Nations cultural body UNESCO, Franceschini said.

Ticket income increased 12 percent at Italy’s 400 state museums last year, according to the culture ministry, after years of alleged poor management and insufficient funding.

FONTE | SOURCE:

— THE NEW YORK TIMES (24/07/2017).

— ROMA ARCHEOLOGIA e RESTAURO ARCHITETTURA: Il Foro Romano ora è rovinato – Il nuovo ingresso che porta al Foro. FOTO: Alessandro Cremona & Nathalie Naim | FACEBOOK (26/06/2017).

ROMA ARCHEOLOGIA - FOTO: Arch. Francesco Prosperetti ha progettato una nuova entrata al Foro nominandolo "Purple Pit" questo titolo è stato scelto in base ad un film di Jerry Lewis "The Nutty Professor" (1963); A. Cremona & N. Naim | FACEBOOK (26/06/2017)

s.v.,

— ROMA RESTAURO ARCHITETTURA: ROMA DI MUSSOLINI & DARIO FRANCESHINI, MIBACT – Colosseo, centurioni fra business e liti, ecc., (1945 | 2017) – “…Certo, fra le grandi trovate di Mussolini [e oggi Dario Franceschini] quella di far vedere Roma ai romani resterà una delle più memorabili,” * in: Nuova Antologia (16/11/1932); Corriere della Sera (1945); Il Messaggero 1958 & 1959 & THE NEW YORK TIMES (1959), ecc.

http://wp.me/pPRv6-3Jd

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s